Working for a better future and outcomes for our children
August 2018 Publications and Resources
National Framework: Resources
- (NEW!) National Framework for Protecting Australia's Children Annual Report 2014-15 and 2015-16. DSS: here
- (NEW!) National Framework for protecting Australia's children indicators. AIHW: here
- (NEW!) Child protection Australia 2016-17. AIHW: here
- National Framework Third Action Plan 2015-18. DSS: here
- The National Framework for Protecting Australia’s Children 2009-2020. DSS: here
- National Framework Evaluation Report. ACIL Allen Consulting: here
- Taking stock and moving ahead. Families Australia: here
- General information about the National Framework: here
- UN review of Australia's record on women's rights issues 90 recommendations. The Conversation:More
- Safeguarding children & young people portal provides invaluable research and resources. ACU:More
- Children as citizens – social justice in the early years. CELA:More
- Competition and contestability in the social sector - a conversation with Robert Fitzgerald AM. SVA:More
- Human-centered design can create more effective social service programs. Child Trends:More
- Self regulation expert says there's no such thing as a bad kid. ECA:More
- Women of Influence 2018 - recognising young leaders. The Herald:More
- Working with Aboriginal communities in the context of DFV. PeakCare:More
- Examining the intersection between the child protection and youth justice systems in Australia. CFCA:More
- #YouCanTalk unites national agencies in the prevention of suicide. Life In Mind:More
- Podcast, Child Abuse: Communication is key. NICE Talks:More
- Free online training for frontline workers of DFV clients experiencing tech facilitated abuse. eSafety:More
- New Childcare Package clarification – treatment of absences for transitioning enrolments. DET:More
- Using CEBC as a tool for teaching evidence-based practice. T&F online:More
- 2018 National Child Protection Week downloadable posters. NAPCAN:More
- Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme information sheets. CCYP:More
- 'This My Mob' app: a virtual place for Indigenous Australians to connect. NITV:More
- 30 sec film initiated by the Logan Community to End Domestic and Family Violence. YFS Logan:More
- National Risk Assessment Principles for DFV: quick reference guide for practitioners. ANROWS:More
- Three essential resources to help you work collaboratively. The Health Foundation:More
For Kids Sake (2018). Childhood Matters: Towards an evidence-based approach to addressing risks, harm & trauma to children from family separation and family violence. For Kids Sake.
Modecki, K., Uink, B. & Barber, B. (2018). Antisocial behaviour during the teenage years: Understanding developmental risks. Trends & issues in crime and criminal justice No. 556. Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology.
Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia (2018). Interim report: Joint Select Committee on Constitutional Recognition relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Commonwealth of Australia.
Taylor-Collins, E. (2018). Evidence for good: How charities use evidence to boost their influence and impact. Alliance for Useful Evidence.
Toivonen, C. & Backhouse, C. (2018). National Risk Assessment Principles for domestic and family violence. (ANROWS Insights 07/2018). Sydney, NSW: ANROWS
ISPCAN XXII International Congress on Child Abuse and Neglect
Prague, Czech Republic. 2-5 September 2018.
Registrations now open.More
Child abuse: Why wait until it’s too late?
National Child Abuse Prevention Forum 2018
Canberra: 3 September 2018. ARACY:More
2018 Early Childhood Conference
Be the Difference for Children and Families
Sydney: 19-22 September 2018.More
Multicultural LGBTIQ Conference:Living & Loving in Diversity
Melbourne: 21-23 September 2018.More
Adverse Childhood Experiences Conference
Glasgow: 25-26 September 2018.More
The 39th Australian Family Therapy Conference
Family Therapy: Building Community and Networks
Sydney: 11-12 October 2018.More
Little People, Big Dreams: 2018 Northern Territory Children’s Learning and Development Conference
Darwin: 13 October 2018.
Australian Rural & Remote Mental Health Symposium 2018
Past. Present. Future. The Remote Possibilities!
Hobart. 15-17 October 2018.More
Women in Leadership Summit: Be inspiring, become empowered
Sydney: 15-18 October 2018
Includes pre-event training day and post-event workshop.More
Global Evidence and Implementation Summit 2018
Evidence, synthesis and implementation: creating impact for stronger communities around the world
Melbourne: 22-24 October 2018.Earlybird registration closes 26 August. More
Eurochild Conference 2018
Building a better Europe with children: All aboard!
Opatija, Croatia: 29-31 October 2018.More
12th International Signs of Safety Gathering
Dublin, Ireland: 6-8 November 2018.More
Youth Health Conference
Owning Future Change
Surfers Paradise: 7-9 November 2018.More
6th National Brain Injury Conference
Brisbane: 13-14 November 2018.
Call for papers closes 24 August.More
FRSA National Conference
Be the change: Leaving no one behind
Cairns: 20 Nov – 23 November 2018.More
Early bird registration closes 30 September.
Healing Our Spirit Worldwide – The Eighth Gathering (hosted by The Healing Foundation and the University of Sydney)
Our Knowledge, our wisdom, our promise – For our grandchildren’s grandchildren
Sydney: 26 to 29 November 2018. More
2018 Stop Domestic Violence Conference
Gold Coast: 3-4 December 2018.
Call for abstracts closes 24 August.More
2018 Calendar of Indigenous Conferenceshere
Submit a paper for upcoming Indigenous Conferenceshere
No More Harm National Conference
Gold Coast: 25-26 March 2019.More
Early Childhood Learning & Development Conference 2019
Hosted by Child Australia
Perth: 29-30 March 2019. More
Ninth International Conference on Health, Wellness & Society
19–20 September 2019
University of California, Berkeley USA.
Call for abstracts now open.More